Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Confetti Chicken



One time I was in a parade where I had the privilege of riding on the back of a corvette. It was owned by the guy that ran the local Dairy Queen. Now, how can I describe this guy? I don't want to say pompous...as I am a good girl I am, but, he was pompous. There, I said it. Before I got into the car he made me take my shoes off so that I didn't track in any dirt. (because I had obviously been to a mud buggy race or something....jerk...I'm clean I tell you CLEAN!) Any-who, what I enjoyed the most that day in the parade were the clowns that threw confetti directly into the car. It doesn't get much better than that....dirty dirty confetti in his pretty pretty car. I love clowns.


[ Shelly here... what my sister Robin failed to mention to you in her little story about clowns and jerks is the REASON she got to ride in jerks corvette....hehe...but I am going to tell you....She was in a beauty pageant and HAD HAIR AS BIG AS TEXAS! BWAHAHAHA]


OK on to the recipe,

3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
2 cups potato, cubed
2 cups chicken broth ( from the 2 chicken breasts you will cook)
Simmer in sauce pan for 20 min
Next combine in Large casserole
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces (about 3 cups)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
4 oz mushrooms
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
pepper
add simmered vegetables

Mix together
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon ea green and red pepper
1 cup shredded cheese ( Cheddar or whatever you like)

Spoon on top of casserole mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on the top and put back in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.

No comments: