Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Cookie-A-Day #3 Russian Tea Cakes

Sing this one to the tune of White Christmas aloudwhile you sit in your office in front of everyone sothat you can go home early because you have LOST YOURMIND!

I'm dreaming of a white cookie, just like the ones made out of dough
where nuts are baked on, the sugar's caked on, the kind that looks a lot like snow
I'm dreaming of a white cookie, like the ones I really love to bite, man they really taste out of sight and may Russian Tea Cakes all be white Russian Tea Cakes.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

DIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla untilsmooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugarand flour; stir into the butter mixture until justblended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on anungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool,roll in remaining confectioners' sugar.

1 comment:

Kimberly Ann said...

Oooh, I have to try these. I will pretend that I'm Julie Christie in Dr. Zhivago - now where is my sleigh and big tall hat.